Wednesday, May 26, 2021

My Review for The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore by Jaimie Admans


⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐  Thank you to NetGalley and HQ Digital for the opportunity to read and review an ARC of The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore by Jaimie Admans.

Felicity works for a property development company and, with. a twist of fate, the latest proposal for hotel development is in Felicity's home town of Lemmon Cove on the Gower peninsula. Fliss's boss decides to send her undercover, to infiltrate the protesters who are delaying the signing of the paperwork and trying to save a 300-year-old Sycamore tree. However, as soon as she sets foot into the protesters' camp and realises her teenage crush, Ryan, is the man in charge, Fliss knows she wants to help the protesters and save the tree.

Although slow to begin with, The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore soon grabbed my attention, and I picked it up at every opportunity. The characters were so passionate about saving the Sycamore tree and the land around it that I found myself wishing it was a real protest and hoping I could get involved! The stories and memories that came from the carvings made in the trunk of the tree over the last few hundred years were romantic and magical and indicative that everyone needs some magic in their lives.

When I was younger, my favourite book was the Magic Faraway Tree by Enid Blyton and The Wishing Tree reminded me so much of this I half expected fairies and goblins to appear up in the branches somewhere! There were often moments in the book that made me laugh, particularly when Ryan's pet sheep amused everyone with her comical antics.

This is the first book by Jaimie Adams that I have read and I really enjoyed it. I will definitely be adding her to my list of favourite authors.

This is a great feel-good read and I would recommend The Wishing Tree Beside the Shore to anyone who wants something to lose themselves in for a few hours.

0 comments:

Post a Comment