Thursday, May 27, 2021

My Review for The Vacation by M.M. Chouinard

The Vacation Cover
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐  Thank you to NetGalley and Bookouture for the opportunity to read and review an ARC of The Vacation by M.M. Chouinard.

I have never really been a thriller reader, not because I don't enjoy them, it has just never been something I've picked up off the shelf, but wow - if thrillers are like this then I've seriously been missing out!

Six adults and four children are in Jamaica for Thanksgiving, but it is apparent from the outset that all is not as it should be.  When one of the children goes missing, the police have to find out what has happened, is someone perhaps more involved than they should be?

The author kept me guessing throughout the book, with each page turn she threw another spanner in the works, and when I was sure I knew what was going to happen, I was again left wondering.  With twists and turns at every opportunity, and characters that you could sympathise with at one moment yet become angry with, in another, The Vacation kept me hooked until the last page.

Don't miss out on this book if you're a thriller reader but even if you're not, try it, perhaps let it be your first one.  I would totally recommend this to everyone.  I loved it right from the start and will be reading more by M.M. Chouinard as soon as I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment