Tuesday, May 25, 2021

My Review for The Kew Gardener's Guide to Growing Roses

Growing Roses Cover

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐  Thank you to NetGalley and Quarto Publishing Group- White Lion for the opportunity to review 'The Kew Gardener's Guide to Growing Roses' before the publication date. 

Being an avid, albeit fairly new gardener I am interested in widening my knowledge to learn as much as I can about flora and fauna and how I can grow and nurture plants in my own garden. I do particularly love roses but know next to nothing about them and reading this lovely book was an ideal opportunity to understand a little bit more. 

 The book is set out beautifully, with a long introduction that covers everything you need to know about roses, different rose types, and how to grow them successfully. Following this, there are many sections on which roses are best for which part of your garden including growing roses in a container or training a rose against a wall. 

The photographs are stunning and each one draws you into the page as you eagerly read how to get a rose to 'perform' for you. I am on a mission to identify the roses I currently have in my garden and this delightful book will start me on my quest. 

The only thing I wasn't too keen on was the background of each page. It has a somewhat mottled effect, especially as I was reading it on an iPad I was constantly thinking there were marks on my screen. However, I am sure this wouldn't be the case with a physical copy of the book and indeed a physical copy would definitely be my recommended format. Ideal as a coffee table book and lovely to browse through whilst having a cuppa and learning just that little bit more about your roses.

Please note that I read this as an ebook on an iPad so I am unsure what the physical copy is like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment